Notaries helping you bring your loved ones home to Canada

Notary Pro offers Canada’s fastest, most secure remote online notary public service for the Government of Canada’s new IMM0006E form, titled the “Application for Authorization and Statutory Declaration for the Purposes of Entry into Canada for Extended Family Members COVID-19.”

As of October 8, 2020, this form is provided by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (“IRCC“) and the Canada Border Services Agency. The form requires the signature of a Notary Public and/or a Commissioner for Oaths.

What is the IMM0006E form?

Starting from October 8, 2020, extended family members can now cross the border to Canada, provided they are staying for at least 15 days and meet existing eligibility and admissibility requirements. If you are extended family, you do not need a non-optional, non-discretionary reason to travel to Canada.

The IRCC’s definition of “extended family” changed depending on how the foreign traveler is related to the Canadian, or their spouse, common-law partner, or dating partner. Consider the following possible definitions:

1) If you are directly connected to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident, you can be exempt if you:

  • have been in an exclusive dating relationship, for at least one year and have spent time in the physical presence of that person at some point during the relationship;
  • are a non-dependent child (adult child);
  • are a grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child);
  • are a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling; or
  • a grandparent.

2) If you are related to the Canadian’s spouse or common-law partner you are considered extended family if you are:

  • an adult child;
  • are a grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child);
  • are a sibling, half-sibling or step-sibling; or
  • a grandparent.

And if you are related to the Canadian’s eligible dating partner, you are extended family if you are:

  • a dependent child;
  • an adult child; or
  • a grandchild (dependent child of a non-dependent adult child).

Exempt extended family members will also need a signed and notarized statutory declaration by the Canadian citizen or permanent resident that confirms your relationship. You will also need written authorization by IRCC.

Can I electronically sign the IMM0006E form?

Yes. Notary Pro’s team of professional lawyer notaries offers expert notary public services and can digitally notarize and electronically sign this form quickly and easily. Book your remote online notary service here or book an in-person appointment at our many locations across Ontario and Alberta.

How do I sign the IMM0006E form?

First, complete the information in Section 1 and 2.

Next, in section 3 you will need to have the Extended Family Member / Partner fill out their name, sign and date. Note that this section 3 does not need to be signed in front of a notary.

Now for Section 4 it is your turn to sign the document in front of a notary. You can upload or bring the document (signed by your extended family member) to a Notary Pro location.

The Notary will sign at Section 5, and the document is notarized and complete.

Does this form constitute a ‘travel document’?

No. The form is simply an application. If your extended family member is located overseas, you will still need a separate travel document. Please consult the IRCC for more information. Notary Pro cannot provide immigration advice or consultations.

Where can I download the IMM0006E form?

Right click this link to save and download the IMM0006E form directly from the Government of Canada website. Do not click the link directly to open it in your browser – this PDF file requires Adobe Reader to open and edit, as it is an advanced fillable PDF file.

Got your document all set?

Book your online appointment today.

Book Now