We don’t like fine print either, but our lawyers made us write this.
By visiting NotaryPro, NotaryPro.ca, NotaryPro.co, NotaryPro.com, LawyerPro.ca, ParalegalPro.ca, their related or affiliated websites, booking pages and/or scheduling tools, and by booking, scheduling, cancelling or otherwise requesting an appointment with Notary Pro, you acknowledge and consent to the following terms and conditions.
Key Terms Before Your Appointment:
Pricing: One Notary Public Signature = One Notarized Document
One Notary Public Signature = One Notarized Document (one notarization), regardless of the number of pages in the printed or digital document and regardless of how many times the client signs.
For example, a single document may contains 15 pages, and requires NotaryPro to add two notary public signatures. NotaryPro considers this “Document” to be two notarizations, and therefore is charged as two notarized documents.
- First Notary Signature = $34.95 plus HST
- Additional Notary Signatures = $25.95 each plus HST
Consent to receive email communications
I consent to receive email communications from Notary Pro and/or its partners, and understand I can unsubscribe at any time.
I agree that copies/scan of my identification and notarized documents may be retained for the purpose of compliance with the rules of the relevant governing Law Societies in Canada and/or the United States.
I agree that my personal information will be held private and confidential and will not be shared with third parties without my consent.
Collection of Personal Information in accordance with PIPEDA
When using our website, we can collect personal information about you when you send us an e-mail or fill out our online appointment request form.
“Personal information” includes any information about an identifiable individual, such as your home address, telephone number or personal e-mail address.
“Personal information” does not include business contact information such your name, title, position or business address. We will assume that the information you provide us through this site is business contact information, unless you notify us otherwise. The information provided by you through our website may be used to improve our communications with you, including responding to your inquiries, setting up appointments, or sending you information that we believe will be of interest to you. We may also share your information with those whom we have commercial relationships to improve the technical, functional, and content aspects of our site. As with most other commercial websites, we do track user trends and preferences by using a browser feature called ‘cookies’. Cookies, which increase the efficiency in exploring a site, are small text files that contain unique identification numbers. The first time you visit a website, a cookie is sent to the hard drive of your computer so that the website can recognize you as a unique user. In addition to using cookies as described above, we also use Google AdWords Remarketing tracking cookies to display relevant ads tailored to you based on parts of our website you have visited. This allows us to reach out and offer our services to those who have shown previous interest in Notary Pro Canada’s services.
No lawyer-client relationship
I agree and acknowledge that no lawyer-client relationship is established in any way whatsoever by using NotaryPro’s services. I understand that NotaryPro is not a law firm and cannot provide legal advice under any circumstances.
I understand that NotaryPro does not provide witnesses for in-person notary appointments.
Do not sign in advance
I agree NOT to sign my document before my online or in-person appointment. I understand that I must sign in front of the Notary Public.
I agree I am 100% responsible for the accuracy, completeness and truth of the contents of my document. I understand that NotaryPro cannot help, advise or guide me to complete or fill out my document(s), under any circumstances.
No expired ID cards
I agree to provide valid photo ID (identification cards), which is not expired and is valid for use.
I understand that I cannot request a Certified True Copy (notarized photocopy) via the Remote Online Notary service.
I accept full responsibility for my document and accept that NotaryPro only provides partial refunds (up to 50%) in the event of a demonstrable error caused by NotaryPro that cannot be resolved by re-notarizing the document(s).
By using NotaryPro’s remote online notary services (“RON Services“), you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Nature of Relationship
I agree that:
- no lawyer-client relationship exists between NotaryPro and myself as a result of the RON Services;
- I have not been given, nor have I sought, any legal advice from the Notary Public, Notary Pro, or any Notary Pro affiliates, relating to the contents of my document(s) and/or RON Services;
- the responsibility, if any, for the giving of legal advice and counsel remains with my own lawyer/solicitor/attorney, if any, and where applicable;
- at all times, under any appointment or RON Services type, the Notary is acting solely and exclusively in their capacity as Notary Public, and not in any capacity as lawyer, legal counsel, or attorney.
Electronic Signature & Digital Notarization (includes Refund Policy)
One Notary Public E-Signature = One Notarized Document (one notarization), regardless of the number of pages in the digital document file and regardless of how many times the client is required to e-sign.
For example, a single PDF file contains 15 pages, and requires NotaryPro to add two notary public electronic signatures. NotaryPro considers this “Document” to be two notarizations, and therefore is charged by NotaryPro as two notarized documents.
- First Notary Signature (1st Document) = $34.95 plus HST
- Additional Notary Signatures (Additional Documents) = $24.95 each plus HST
I agree that:
- my document will be commissioned/signed/executed electronically and that all signatures will be applied electronically;
- the Notary Public’s seal/stamp will be applied digitally and that no physical paper copy is produced by NotaryPro, its affiliates, agents or authorized representatives;
- each time the Notary Public adds their electronic signature and seal, this is considered a digital notarization and is therefore charged accordingly. For greater clarity, the first notarization is $34.95 plus tax, and each additional notarization is $24.95 plus tax.
- Responsibility for Acceptance of E-Signature: it is my responsibility (you, the client) to ensure that the recipient of my electronically signed and/or digitally notarized document will accept the electronic signature and digital notarization of my document and I confirm that the document(s) do not require an in-person pen and paper notarization;
- a video recording of my meeting with the Notary may be saved, stored and documented by NotaryPro and that such recordings are maintained solely for the protection of my information, quality assurance purposes, and/or fraud prevention, and/or otherwise required to be provided or produced by law.
I agree that:
- Refunds due to rejection: in the event your document is rejected by a recipient due to the recipient not accepting electronic signatures and/or digital notarization, upon Notary Pro’s review of written proof of the rejection provided by you to Notary Pro, Notary Pro shall provide you with a full refund, up to a maximum of ten (10) days after the date of your appointment. NotaryPro may only provide refunds with written proof of rejection provided by the client.
- Refunds due to Notary Pro error: in the event your document is rejected due to an error by NotaryPro or a member of the Notary Pro team, upon written proof of the rejection provided by you to Notary Pro and upon review and confirmation of the error by Notary Pro, Notary Pro will re-notarize your document free of charge, up to the full price paid solely for the notarization services (and excluding any add-ons such as postage, courier fees, scanning, printing, etc).
No Certified True Copies via Remote Online Notary Service
I agree that:
- I cannot request a notarized photocopy (i.e. a Certified True Copy) of my ID, passport, or any original documentation via the RON Services. I understand that the only exception is for Certified True Copies provided to the Ontario Trade College are permitted.
I agree that:
- NotaryPro defines and strictly considers one (1) notarized document (“Document“) to equal one notary public signature (in-person or electronic), regardless of: the number of pages of the document, the format or way the document was printed / organized / drafted by the client or provider of the document.
- Pre-payment is required and can be made via credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover) or Visa Debit Only;
- If I have any additional documents requiring a notary public signature, I will sent an electronic invoice (via Square) for immediate payment, which I agree to pay prior to my appointment;
- All payment amounts and number/type of Documents to be notarized are subject to review, confirmation and/or rejection by Notary Pro.
Notary Service – Attendance Terms & Conditions
Your time is valuable. So is ours. When you book an appointment in our calendar, we commit to allocating time exclusively to you and your notarization needs. This is time that cannot be devoted to another client. When you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, we lose the ability to meet with another client willing to pay for our services at that time.
Accordingly, by agreeing to book any appointment with Notary Pro – whether by phone, text message, email, in person, or the online booking form – all clients agree to the following terms:
No Show Policy:
You agree that if you do not show up to your scheduled appointment and do not provide advance notice to Notary Pro that you will not be showing up, Notary Pro may:
- invoice you the cost of one document notarization ($34.95 plus tax) as payment for your missed notarization. All “No Show” invoices will be sent via the Square payment service. Payment can be made by credit card, or e-transfer to [email protected]
- OR, if you pre-paid for your service, Notary Pro will not provide a refund and shall retain your payment.
We understand that plans change and that life happens. Notary Pro will agree to cancel your appointment provided you notify us at least one (1) hour in advance of your scheduled appointment. Failure to provide adequate notice (such as by calling after your scheduled appointment) may result in Notary Pro issuing you a No Show invoice for $34.95 plus HST.
If you cannot or do not show up for an appointment but provide us with advance notice of your desire to reschedule (at least 1 hour before your appointment), Notary Pro will agree to one (1) rescheduling without issuing a “No Show” invoice. Subsequent cancellations or no shows will result in a “No Show” invoice being issued by Notary Pro.