Virtual and Online Notary Services
Electronically sign and digitally notarize your documents online, without leaving your home or office. No app or account creation required.
- Notarize your documents in minutes with same-hour instant service
- Fully secure, with encrypted e-signatures and audit log
- Multiple simultaneous signers via one simple video call
- Our Notaries are licensed Ontario Lawyers and Paralegals
- 99.5%+ acceptance rate for permitted, valid documents.
- Money back guarantee!
Online vs in-person
Here’s how notarizing online works
Connect with Notary Pro via online video call.
Electronically sign and receive completed document within minutes!
Why try Remote Online Notary?
It’s fast and convenient with a money back guarantee
Notary Pro is Canada’s premier remote online notary public service offering electronic signature and virtual witnessing services. We back our online notarization service with a money back guarantee. Give us a try and have the piece of mind that your document will be accepted or you get your money back!
Safe & Legal
Your security comes first
Our digital e-signature platform includes a chain of custody record-keeping certificate via our trust service provider, and is compliant with the highest global industry standards (eIDAS, GDPR, HIPAA, ESIGN/UETA and CCPA). This protects the integrity of your document, and gives full confidence to the person or organization receiving it.
All video calls use unique access links connected to your email address. Your documents are also backed-up, stored securely, and password-protected.
Our team is constantly monitoring regulatory developments to ensure compliance with changing laws and industry best practices.
Expert notary services
Notary Pro for Business
We recruit and hire only fully licensed, qualified notary publics and commissioners to serve you and your business. All our notaries are all accomplished lawyers and paralegals, called to the Ontario Bar or other provincial Bar, and are in good standing with their provincial Law Society.
We strive to provide the best in-class training and service for your business through exceptional notary talent. Click below to learn more about NotaryPro for your business.
Documents that we can and cannot notarize online (Canada-specific law)
Our service backed by a money back guarantee!
While NotaryPro’s Remote Online Notary service has an excellent acceptance rate of 99.9% by recipients around the world, we ask all clients to confirm in advance that the recipient of their document will accept electronic / digital signatures and digital notary seals.
However, NotaryPro offers a money back guarantee if the recipient does not accept your digitally notarized document, upon proof of rejection being provided to NotaryPro.
Get your documents notarized online with the peace of mind you need!
Document we CAN notarize online
- Service Ontario / Ministry of Finance documents, including the and Sworn Statement for the Transfer of a Used Vehicle in the Province of Ontario and the Sworn Statement for a Family Gift of a Used Vehicle in the Province of Ontario
- Affidavits (any type) including OSAP Affidavits
- Statutory Declarations
- Recommended Consent Letter for children traveling abroad (commonly referred to as a travel consent letter)
- CCDC 9A – Statutory Declaration of Progress Payment Distribution by Contractor
- Delayed birth registration forms
- Application to amend birth registration
- Declaration affirming parentage
- Election to change of name of child under the age of 12
- Statutory declaration by an applicant to correct an error in registration
- Legal name change application
- Blank statutory declaration
- Insurance claims
- Common law status affidavits
- Special invitations to family members overseas
- Passport applications (in lieu of guarantor)
- Pension purpose attestations of recipient being alive and confirming their residency
- Residency document
- Lost passport
- Single status certificate
- Federal government permanent residency card applications
- Municipal Information Form (MIF) for liquor license
- Affidavit waiving vaccinations based on religious grounds
- and many more!
Documents we CANNOT notarize online
In Canada, we currently cannot provide online electronic signing and digital notarizing for the following:
- Last Will & Testament (these must be physically signed – book our “Last Will & Testament” virtual witnessing service)
- Power of Attorney (these must be physically signed – book our “Power of Attorney” virtual witnessing service)
In Canada, other documents that currently require in-person, pen and paper appointments and cannot be electronically signed:
- Trusts (including Testamentary Trust)
- Separation Agreements / Divorce Agreements
- Negotiable Instruments (Cheque, Promissory Notes, Loan Agreements, etc)
- Payment Bond or letter of credit
- A document of title (e.g. bill of sale, deed), except a contract of carriage (see s. 31 of the Ontario Electronic Commerce Act, 2000)
- Certified true copies of original paper/printed documents (i.e. “notarized copies”)
- a document that is prescribed or belongs to a prescribed class under the Ontario Electronic Commerce Act, 2000 (currently none)
Digital-Only Certified True Copies Explained with Examples
If you have a digital document (PDF) that you only ever received in an electronic format and need it notarized, NotaryPro can notarize a Digital-Only Certified True Copy for you. Examples of digital-only documents:
- Banking statements,
- Utility bills (hydro, gas, water),
- Official correspondence/letters from government or authorities,
- Government-issued tax documents,
- Pay stubs,
- Criminal record checks
- Business registration documents (Articles of Incorporation, Certificates of Incorporation, By-Laws),
- University / college enrolment documents,
- Employment offers,
- Retail receipts,
- Insurance confirmation,
- Mortgage documents