Expert Consular Document Services
Notary Pro Canada will notarize, authenticate and legalize any document or products and works with all Embassies and Consulates in Ottawa to achieve your objectives.
We have experience in the authentication process by the Global Affairs Canada (GAC) and the legalization process by the embassies, consulates and any other legal institution. Our staff include former employees of Global Affairs Canada, and are highly familiar with all processes there.
- Experts with foreign embassies in Ottawa
- Knowledgeable with Global Affairs
- Dedicated account manager during the process
- Our notaries are licensed lawyers & notary publics
Our Authentication & Legalization Process
Here’s how it works
Get your documents notarized
Your document gets Authenticated at Global Affairs
We get your document legalized by an embassy or consulate
Why Notary Pro?
It’s fast and convenient
Save the time and hassle of authenticating and legalizing your document with Notary Pro. We have help clients all over the world with their needs for the last 5 years and counting.
Common questions on Authentication and Legalization
What is Authentication?
Authentication is a certification of the genuineness of the signature and seal or the position of an official who has the authority to execute, issue, or certify a document so that a document executed, issued or certified in one jurisdiction may be recognized in another jurisdiction.
Authentications do not certify the genuineness, legality or credibility of the documents or their contents.
Global Affairs Canada (GAC, sometimes called ‘Foreign Affairs’ by its old name) authenticates documents for the public through their JLAC branch for a wide range of documents.
You may request that a Canadian public document be authenticated by asking (GAC) / (JLAC) to confirm that a Canadian public official’s signature, seal or stamp on the document is genuine.
What is Legalization?
After being authenticated by GAC, Embassies require that documents be legalized. The general requirements to legalize documents in embassies are:
- The document must be an original or certified true copy of the original by a notary public or commissioner of oaths.
- It must be stamped by GAC.
- Some embassies require translation.
- Some embassies require a cover letter explaining the purpose of use.
- Some embassies require supporting documents linking authentication with the provided document (business/work contracts, travel visas, educational offers, etc.)
Our top experts at your service
We recruit and hire only the best notary publics and commissioners of oaths. All our notaries are all accomplished lawyers and paralegals, called to the Ontario bar, and are in good standing with their provincial Law Society. We strive to provide the best in-class service with exceptional notarial talent.
Our Prices for Authentication & Legalization
Step 1: Notarization
- First Notarized Document.
- Each additional notarized documents is $19.95.
- Notarization will need to be done in-person
- All prices not inclusive of GST/HST.
Step 2: Authentication
- Includes: Attendance at Global Affairs Canada
- Optional: Attendance at Canadian Chamber of Commerce – $50 plus HST, plus authentication fee charged by CCC
- *All prices not inclusive GST/HST.
Find out how we can help you with your Authentication & Legalization needs!