TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(We hate fine print too but our lawyers made us write this.)
By visiting NotaryPro, NotaryPro.ca, NotaryPro.com, related or affiliated websites, booking pages and/or scheduling tools, and by booking, scheduling, cancelling or otherwise requesting an appointment with Notary Pro, you acknowledge and consent to the following terms and conditions.
KEY TERMS BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT:
- CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS: I consent to receive email communications from Notary Pro and/or its partners, and understand I can unsubscribe at any time.
- PRIVACY: I agree that copies/scan of my identification and notarized documents may be retained for the purpose of compliance with the rules of the relevant governing Law Societies in Canada and/or the United States.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: I agree that my personal information will be held private and confidential and will not be shared with third parties without my consent.
- NO LAWYER-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP: I agree and acknowledge that no lawyer-client relationship is established in any way whatsoever by using NotaryPro’s services. I understand that NotaryPro is not a law firm and cannot provide legal advice under any circumstances.
- NO WITNESSES: I understand that NotaryPro does not provide witnesses for in-person notary appointments.
- DO NOT SIGN IN ADVANCE: I agree NOT to sign my document before my online or in-person appointment. I understand that I must sign in front of the Notary Public.
- ACCURACY: I agree I am 100% responsible for the accuracy, completeness and truth of the contents of my document. I understand that NotaryPro cannot help, advise or guide me to complete or fill out my document(s), under any circumstances.
- NO EXPIRED ID CARDS: I agree to provide valid photo ID (identification cards), which is not expired and is valid for use.
- PROHIBITED DOCUMENTS: I understand that I cannot request a Certified True Copy (notarized photocopy) via the Remote Online Notary service.
- REFUNDS: I accept full responsibility for my document, including confirming that the recipient of my document will accept electronic signatures, and I accept that NotaryPro may provide a partial refund (up to 50% of the notarization service fee) in the event of a demonstrable error caused by NotaryPro that cannot be resolved by re-notarizing the document(s). See Refund Policy section below.
By using NotaryPro’s remote online notary services (“RON Services“), you agree to the following terms and conditions. You agree that:
Nature of Relationship
- no lawyer-client relationship exists between NotaryPro and myself as a result of the RON Services;
- you have not been given, nor have you sought, any legal advice from the Notary Public, Notary Pro, or any Notary Pro affiliates, relating to the contents of my document(s) and/or RON Services;
- the responsibility, if any, for the giving of legal advice and counsel remains with my own lawyer/solicitor/attorney, if any, and where applicable;
- at all times, under any appointment or RON Services type, the Notary is acting solely and exclusively in their capacity as Notary Public, and not in any capacity as lawyer, legal counsel, or attorney.
No Certified True Copies via Remote Online Notary Service
- cannot request a notarized photocopy (i.e. a Certified True Copy) of my ID, passport, or any original documentation via the RON Services.
- understand that the only exception is for Certified True Copies provided to the Ontario Trade College are permitted.
- Pre-payment is required and can be made via credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover) or Visa Debit Only;
- if I have any additional documents, I will be invoiced via Square, which I agree to pay prior to my appointment;
- All payment amounts and number/type of documents are subject to review, confirmation and/or rejection by Notary Pro.
Refund Policy for Electronic Signature & Digital Notarization Services
You agree that:
- your document will be commissioned/signed/executed electronically and that all signatures will be applied electronically;
- the Notary Public’s seal/stamp will be applied digitally and that no physical paper copy is produced by NotaryPro, its affiliates, agents or authorized representatives;
- it is my responsibility to ensure that the recipient of my electronically signed and/or digitally notarized document will accept the electronic signature and digital notarization of my document and I confirm that the document(s) do not require an in-person pen and paper notarization;
- Refunds due to rejection: in the event your document is rejected by a recipient due to the recipient not accepting electronic signatures and/or digital notarization, upon Notary Pro’s review of written proof of the rejection provided by you to Notary Pro, Notary Pro shall provide you with a credit of up to fifty percent (50%) of the total price paid solely for the notarization services (excluding any add-ons) which shall be available to you for any in-person notary public services for up to sixty (60) days after the date you advise Notary Pro of the rejection;
- Refunds due to Notary Pro error: in the event your document is rejected due to an error by Notary Pro or a member of the Notary Pro team, upon written proof of the rejection provided by you to Notary Pro and upon review and confirmation of the error by Notary Pro, Notary Pro may refund up to a maximum of fifty percent (50%) of the full price paid solely for the notarization services (and excluding any add-ons such as postage, courier fees, scanning, printing, etc);
- a video recording of my meeting with the Notary may be saved, stored and documented by NotaryPro and that such recordings are maintained solely for the protection of my information, quality assurance purposes, and/or fraud prevention, and/or otherwise required to be provided or produced by law.
All refunds are subject to final review and examination by Notary Pro, and Notary Pro reserves the right to contact the recipient for confirmation that the document was rejected, and/or for the purposes of proving the authenticity, veracity and genuineness of the document’s notarization in support of your submission.
You, the client, accept responsibility for ensuring the recipient of your document will accept an e-signature and/or digital notarization prior to all remote online notary appointments.
Any amounted refunded or credited shall only apply to the rejected document in question and shall not apply to any other add-on services and/or document(s) paid for by you to Notary Pro at the same time, same appointment, and/or in any related transaction respecting the same or other documents.
For any refund inquiries, please email us at: [email protected]
NOTARY SERVICE – ATTENDANCE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Your time is valuable. So is ours. When you book an appointment in our calendar, we commit to allocating time exclusively to you and your notarization needs. This is time that cannot be devoted to another client. When you do not show up for your scheduled appointment, we lose the ability to meet with another client willing to pay for our services at that time.
Accordingly, by agreeing to book any appointment with Notary Pro – whether by phone, text message, email, in person, or the online booking form – all clients agree to the following terms:
NO SHOW POLICY:
You agree that if you do not show up to your scheduled appointment and do not provide advance notice to Notary Pro that you will not be showing up, Notary Pro will:
- invoice you the cost of one document notarization ($30 CAD) as payment for your missed notarization. All “No Show” invoices will be sent via the Square payment service. Payment can be made by credit card, or e-transfer to [email protected]
- OR, if you pre-paid for your service, Notary Pro will not provide a refund and shall be permitted to retain your payment.
We understand that plans change and that life happens. Notary Pro will agree to cancel your appointment provided you notify us at least one (1) hour in advance of your scheduled appointment. Failure to provide adequate notice (such as by calling after your scheduled appointment) will result in Notary Pro sending you a “No Show” invoice for $30.
If you cannot or do not show up for an appointment but provide us with advance notice of your desire to reschedule (at least 1 hour before your appointment), Notary Pro will agree to one (1) rescheduling without issuing a “No Show” invoice. Subsequent cancellations or no shows will result in a “No Show” invoice being issued by Notary Pro.