OSAP Affidavits – We draft them for you! (Common-law status, sole support, etc)
7 September 2019
Looking for a quick, easy and affordable OSAP affidavit? Want us to draft it for you and email it to you ASAP? We can draft OSAP Affidavits affordably and easily. Click here to use our simple form.
Not sure? This blog post provides a helpful overview of OSAP and OSAP affidavits.
What is an OSAP affidavit, and do I need one?
An affidavit is a document where the contents have been sworn or affirmed to be true. It is sworn and signed before:
- a lawyer
- a person who is not a lawyer but who is a commissioner of oaths or
- a notary public (that’s us!)
In certain situations, OSAP requires you to submit an affidavit confirming details about your OSAP application. These include:
- Common-law status: You must provide an affidavit signed by you and your spouse to confirm:
- You have lived together continuously for a period of not less than three years, or
- You are in a relationship of some permanence and are the natural or adoptive parents of a child.
- Sole support parent (widowed or never married): You must provide an affidavit confirming you have sole legal custody of your children, who will live with you full-time during the academic year.
- Separated, divorced or widowed (no dependent children): If you do not have a separation agreement or court order, you can provide an affidavit confirming your separation.
- Indigenous identity: If you do not have an approved official document (as stated in the OSAP application) that proves your Indigenous identity, you may provide an affidavit confirming your Indigenous identity and an explanation of why official documentation is unavailable.
- Spouse income verification: Canadian non-taxable and/or foreign income: An affidavit to prove the amount, currency and sources of a spouse’s foreign income or to explain why a spouse did not have any income.
- Parent income verification: Canadian non-taxable and/or foreign income: An affidavit to prove the amount, currency and sources of foreign income, or to explain why a parent did not have any income.
- Marital status: An affidavit signed by you and your spouse to confirm the date of your marriage.
To confirm whether you should create an OSAP affidavit, please contact your financial aid office or the National Student Loans Service Centre.
Does Notary Pro Canada draft OSAP affidavits?
We can draft this FREE OSAP Affidavit for you in the format expected by OSAP or any other institution requiring an Affidavit.
This blog post is designed to provide helpful information only. The Government of Ontario’s OSAP program or financial aid offices are the best resource to confirm any and all details related to your OSAP affidavit or OSAP application. Please contact your financial aid office or the National Student Loans Service Centre if you have any additional questions. Notary Pro Canada does not provide advice or assistance with OSAP applications.