What Can I Expect When I Visit a Notary Public?
18 February 2021
When visiting a Notary Public, or a Notary Pro location, one can expect a certain process to get a document notarized or commissioned.
- present valid identification (a valid piece of government issued photo ID with another piece) to your notary;
- your notary will then ensure you understand can can attest to what you’re about to sign;
- the notary public then witnesses your signature; and
- once you have signed the document, the notary will affix his or her stamp (or “seal”) to the document; and
- witnesses will physically sign their counterpart paper copy.
Notary Pro offers in-person appointment to notarize a will. You can book an in-person appointment online. Simply select the location, date and time.
Ready to notarize your documents?