Digital-only documents Certified as True Copies online!
If you need a certified true copy (CTC) of a document that was only issued in a digital format, try our digital-only CTC remote online notarization services.
- No app or account creation required
- Notarize your digital-only documents (i.e. original PDF files) in minutes with same-hour service
- Fully secure, with encrypted signatures and audit log
- Our Notaries are licensed Ontario Lawyers and Paralegals
- Permitted across Canada and accepted globally
Getting a Digital Certified True Copy
Here’s how it works
Select “Digital Certified True Copy” in our Remote Notary booking form. Upload your digital-only document along with your ID.
Connect with our notary via online video call.
Electronically sign and receive your certified true copy of your digital-only document with a notary seal.
Common questions about Digital-Only Certified True Copies
What is a digital-only Certified True Copy?
A digital-only Certified True Copy is a notarized copy of an original digital/electronic-only document, for example: any digital document that was originally and only ever created in an electronic / digital format such as a PDF, Word file or any electronic format.
What documents are permitted for digital-only Certified True Copies?
Through our Remote Online Notary Service, NotaryPro is able to certify true copies of original digital-only documents including:
- Banking statements,
- Utility bills (hydro, gas, water),
- Official correspondence/letters from government or authorities,
- Government-issued tax documents,
- Pay stubs,
- Criminal record checks
- Business registration documents (Articles of Incorporation, Certificates of Incorporation, By-Laws),
- University / college enrolment documents,
- Employment offers,
- Retail receipts,
- Insurance confirmation,
- Mortgage documents
The list above is not finite, and many more documents that are originally electronic can be notarized online.
What cannot be certified as a digital-only CTC via Remote Online Notary services?
Notary Pro cannot provide digital-only certified true copies of original printed, paper documents (either first issued and created in a paper format, or only ever issued in paper format) using our Remote Online Notary service. Such paper documents will need to be notarized in-person in front of a notary public. These paper-only documents can include:
- Any government-issued photo identification documents, such as passports, driver’s licences and permanent resident cards
- Vital statistics documents, including marriage certificates, birth certificates, divorce certificates and death certificates
- University / college diplomas and degrees
Is a digital-only Certified True Copy legal?
Yes. Remote online notary services are now available in Canada and across North America. While traditional paper certified true copies are common, Notary Pro’s trained team of remote online notaries can inspect and certified that a digital-only document is in fact a true copy of the original digital file. The process is slightly different than an in-person copy.
NotaryPro requires all clients to first verify that the recipient of their document will accept an electronically signed notarized copy (i.e. a Digital Certified True Copy). Once you have confirmed, then simply book an appointment with NotaryPro.
NotaryPro has digitally notarized thousands of documents for use around the world, and is proud to be Canada’s first and leading remote online notary service. Discover more on our blog about remote online notarization and getting your digital certified true copy is legal.
Your security comes first.
Our team is continuously working to improve our product security and harden our software from attack against hackers. All video calls use encrypted passwords and our digital signature platform includes chain of custody record keeping to protect the integrity of your document. Your documents are backed-up, stored securely, and password-protected.
Why Notary Pro?
It’s fast and convenient
Save the time and hassle of finding and meeting with a lawyer. Get your origial digital-only documents quickly notarized as certified true copies with Notary Pro via online video call. We have e-signed thousands of documents for clients around the world.